My photo
I'm Amy, I'm a student in county Durham.

Monday 6 August 2012

Recommendations - Nail Varnish

I never ever used to use nail varnish, I always used to think it looked all tacky and awful and just not nice, however when my boyfriend bought me a set I started using them and now I never have unpainted nails. I'm not big on nail art, as to be honest I just find it too much effort, however I love matte colours that just set of your nails and make them look really pretty.
I don't really have a favourite brand of nail varnish as I just go into say boots or superdrug and browse until I find a colour that I like regardless of it's brand. Essie of course are a lovely brand and their colours are so well ranged and fantastic quality, but sometimes I find the pricing a bit stretched and I manage to find an equally good nail varnish for a little less of the brand.
Here are my top ten personal favourites:
Blues -I really like blues and this Barry M one is lovely, it goes with pretty much everything and is really matte. Barry M is such a good brand for nail varnish and such good value for money. The other is a H&M polish, it does take a couple of layers to build up but it's a gorgeous powdery blue colour and in certain lights it has a shimmer.

Naturals -  This nude shade is so nice, I thought it would be too plain but it's so pretty and subtle and also really shiny and gives your nails a really healthy look and sheen. The grey was from one of those Christmas sets you get, but it's such a good nail varnish, it's so matte and dries so quickly. If yo have any recommendations of a grey which I can purchase once this one runs out please let me know :). Finally, everybody needs a black nail varnish, and I wouldn't buy any other but this one. Yes essie is a little pricey, but the quality is so good. It's rare that a black nail varnish only needs one coat, but this one does.

Glitter  -  The first one is lovely, I got it for Christmas time but I have worn it loads since. The second one I picked up in Sephora, it's honestly amazing, it looks so great on colours like gold and silver. I love glitter nail varnish but they are a total nightmare to get off, any tips?

Reds - I'm not actually a big fan of red nail varnish, but this burgundy berry colour is much more me. The coral was a purchase for my holiday, it's one of Primark's which have pleasantly surprised me; they dry quickly and are long lasting. The last is a lovely pastel orange colour which weirdly goes with everything I wear, I think it's by Miss Sporty.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, it's wonderful! I have subscribed, you have fantastic music taste too :) I have had your blog open for hours just so that I can listen to your playlist, very beautiful :).
    I hope you are feeling a bit better :)
    http://out-of-liner.blogspot.com.au/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I've taken a look at your blog and I love it :) x

    ReplyDelete