My photo
I'm Amy, I'm a student in county Durham.

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Holiday Fever - what's in my suitcase- à la plage

How bad is the first day on the beach, stripping down to your bikini next to everyone else who seems to be about 400 shades darker than you. You feel so naked and pale. I always take a range of bright coloured bikinis as I think that the colours can really set off your tan and make you feel better on the beach. Primark this year has been so good for swimwear, and it's such a good price to pay. I always take some cover ups as sometimes it's nice to wear them if you're going shopping or for a little wander along the beach, or if some kind of ridiculously hot girl sits next to you and you all of a sudden feel like flubber. This year I have tried to stay with the bandeau shape as it's the best bikini to avoid unattractive strap marks.
My picks for this years holiday :

 



Red ruffle - river island 2011
Floral - New Look -Kelly Brook collection
Paisly - Primark -unsure of price
Polka dot -George at asda - unsure of price
Floral -Topshop -around £20 for the set


Some people feel too conscious to bare all in a bikini but this year in particular I have noticed some lovely costumes in the shops. Once over costumes were all adidas and frumpy, but now New Look and Topshop are selling some lovely ones. I must say I don't often shop in new look any more, however it's my every year go-to for swim wear. 




Floral- £45 New look
Polka Dot -£8 New look
Block colour - £32 Topshop
Palm print - £35 Topshop
Graphic - £35 Topshop


No comments:

Post a Comment