My photo
I'm Amy, I'm a student in county Durham.

Monday 16 July 2012

Holiday Fever - what's in my suitcase- essential toiletries

As my holiday is finally in sight, I have decided to to a post about what's in my suitcase. I leave on Friday, just a family holiday but still lovely to escape the constant soggy gloom which seems to be upon us for the long haul here in the UK. 

First of all - Toiletries.
Now, for me, I find it essential to make many lists before packing my suitcase otherwise I feel all in a tizzy about what I have got and what I haven't. My Mam has always been the kind of person to take every imaginable type medication/toiletries available so I have her to thank -or loathe- for my obsessive need. 
Obviously there are the things I don't need to mention, the likes of deodorant and moisturiser. But here are the things I couldn't go without:
1. Tinted moisturiser or BB cream- such a good alternative if you aren't confident enough to face the beach without foundation, in particular BB cream if you pick up one with UV protection. Also great for a night time, as with a sun kissed glow your usual foundation may feel slightly heavy.
2. Dry oil suntan lotion - Argue with me that this isn't the best creation yet. No one enjoys applying suntan lotion, having to rub it into your skin and feeling all wet and sticky- no thank you. Dry oil sun lotion allows quick and easy application (also with no effort but a finger to press the sprayer), however it builds up such a good tan as it's a kind of oil. It comes in up to about factor 30 too, so it has all of the benefits of using oil, without feeling all slippery and the dangers of burning.
3. Aloe Vera gel- cooling and pro-longs your tan.
4. Burt's bees bees wax lip balm- I get really dry lips on holiday, and this is my personal favourite product to avoid it.
5. sea salt hair product- great to carry around in your bag as you can just spray it on after you have been in the sea or pool and your hair dries with a natural wave. It's also lovely to spray on after a shower.
6. exfoliater - Skin tans much better after ex-foliating!
7.sun protection shampoo and conditioner - stop your hair going dry, as it's just as important to protect your hair as it is your skin.
8. eye brightener- after staying up late your eyes may seem slightly dark, eye brightening gel uplifts your eye area and makes you feel more awake. Great for going to breakfast, which always ends stupidly early.
9. dry shampoo - essential!
10. Body Butter- So lovely to apply after a cooling shower. Pair with this and your ex-foliated skin and you will get a lovely tan.

My personal choices:
Maybelline BB cream -£7.99 at boots
Hawaiian Tropic dry oil spray - £3.99 at Home Bargains (so much more expensive in boots!)
Hawaiian Tropic Aloe after sun gel £3.99 at Home Bargains
Burt's Bees with Acai Berry - £3.69 (RRP) http://www.burtsbees.co.uk/
Label M sea salt spray - £12.25 Toni&Guy
St Ives scrub - £5.09 at Superdrug
Charles Worthington - £1.99 (travel size) at Superdrug
Eye revitaliser - £11.00 at Body Shop
Dry Shampoo cherry- £2.99 at boots
Satsuma body butter - £12.50 (lasts ages) at Body Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment